Friday, 28 August 2015

Cross country / Ngarangi


Waiting on the tarpaulin very nervously but also with excitement. It was cross country day, the people around me took me off the nervousness of the race.


12 year olds and 13 year old girls to the starting line” Whaea Rosina announced. We all got together and looked at each other with a scared look. In my mind I knew I was going to lose there was no way that I could win. I took one slow step up to the starting line, my fist clenched, I prepared my body for the race, I already started sweating and the race hasn't even begun, My heart was pumping as fast as a cheetah could run. Then a huge gust of wind flew at my face and my hair flew behind me.
“Ready, set, go!” Whaea Gaylene screamed out with excitement.


We ran off I was in front for a bit then Kiritea went ahead of me. Then Jade then Josemiria. I knew I couldn't win; they are the fastest girls in Tautoro school. Then Arihia caught up to me and we started walking.
“Should we walk?” Arihia asked.
“Yep, I’m already tired” I replied. Then Kahuroa jogged past. Then Arihia and I started running to catch up to her. I was sweating I could hardly breath.
“Running is not my thing” I said to Arihia.
“Same” Arihia replied back very exhaustedly.


We ran up to the hill. I looked up at and I knew that I couldn't make it. I felt like an ant looking up at the Auckland Sky Tower. But I didn't give up I jogged up then when I made it to the top I looked over and it looked like I could see most of Tautoro. I sprinted down the hill. There was wind blowing through my hair. I was going as fast as a lion chasing it’s prey. Then I was nearly the bottom of the hill I couldn't stop. My feet didn't listen to my brain signals. I couldn't stop running. I ran halfway down the track then my body decided to stop. I walked for a bit because my body was exhausted and in pain. We ran to the end of the little field and back.


We sprinted along and got back onto the long track and then we went off the track and around onto the the other field. By then my body had given up and I walked to the finished line. People were cheering Arihia and I on but our body couldn't go on. We went near the finish line and then I started running it was Kohuora, Arihia and me then we sprinted to the finish line and I came last. I was disappointed but proud because someone had to come last.








2 comments:

  1. oml !! good for you snuugles im gonna start stalking yours and smiles page now. But if i was there.................Top 3 nah JOKES! miss you snuggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. oml !! good for you snuugles im gonna start stalking yours and smiles page now. But if i was there.................Top 3 nah JOKES! miss you snuggles

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.