Wednesday, 19 August 2015

Winter-Direct speech-Ngarangi

A conversation from ‘Winter’ by John Marsden

 “How much are they getting paid” asked Winter.
 “Excuse me?” Mr Carruthers replied.
“How much are they getting paid?” demanded Winter.
 “They get paid enough and plus they get paid from the estate” Mr Carruthers stated.
 “Estate? What does that have to do with anything?” Winter questioned.
“The estate pays for their power, water and rent. And may I ask why you are so interested in their wages?” Mr Carruthers responded.
 “Oh, I was just wondering” Winter said back politely.
 “Do you notice anything different because I don’t.”
 “Yes I do, none of the antiques are here” Winter replied with a little bit of anger.
“Antiques? there were no antiques and everything is here” said Mr Carruthers.
“No there isn't. I saw photo’s and my mother had a lot of antiques that were around here. SO DO NOT LIE TO ME!” Winter shouted very angrily.
“Well I’m sorry, I didn't know that, That’s all that I can remember” Mr Carruthers returned.
“You don’t remember much do you?” Winter threw back with sas. “They get paid at least one thousand dollars a week and look at the way they treat this place!” Winter accused angrily.
 “Yeah it isn't what it used to be but it’s not that bad” said Mr Carruthers.
“Not that bad! Look at it! Inside and outside the estate is revolting” Winter contended. “I dont get it, What do you mean?” Mr Carruthers said very blankly. “There is seriously something wrong with you if you think for one minute I’m ok with how my home has been looked after.” Winter was beyond frustrated. “Look at the state of this place. There are blackberries everywhere; you can’t even see the water nor touch it, and where is all my mother’s furniture? There were tables, chairs, antiques and much more and you think. You can’t just get rid of it like the leftover pizza in the box! Grrrr!” Winter replied back angrily with her fist clenched.
“Settle down Winter” Mr Carruthers urged.
“Settle down! You want me to settle down? I don’t like them and the way they're treating my home. I want them out of here and it has to be before five o’clock tonight.” Winter threw out.
 “Winter, think about this, you're be unreasonable” Mr Carruthers stated.
 “I'm am not! I am smart. So If they're not gone you will be.” Winter contended with anger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.